You need hurry if you want to book this cheapish family holiday to Cape Verde! Even if the holiday starts this December, means that you’re going to have a cheap and cheerful opportunity to escape this year’s winter into the sun, there are only a few rooms left!
Cape Verde is a wonderful destination for the whole family to spend memorable holidays. The location of your hotel is directly in Santa Maria on the island of Sal. Sal means ‘salt’ and in former times it has been the centre of salt mining. But nowadays this place is more popular, because of the ideal conditions for swimming, snorkelling and windsurfing. And of course the island offers you all over the year a splendid weather of around 27°C.
So have a quick look at the facts of this deal and look forward to a decent value for the price:
I have spotted this holiday package on thomascook.com that is based on a family of four (two adults and two children sharing) and includes flights from London Gatwick, your 14-nights stay in a 2-star hotel with breakfast and transfers for only £489 per person.
The hotel is the 2-star Hotel Pontao (3.5 on TripAdvisor) which is located directly in the heart of Santa Maria and only 100 metres from the Praia de Santa Maria beach. The rating of the hotel is average, but the most recent reviews speak in high terms about the great location and that the hotel offers a decent value for a low budget. Thus, don’t expect too much luxury, but a nice location to explore the surrounding area and to enjoy a cheap and long family holiday in Cape Verde.
Even if the hotel has only an average rating it offers an outdoor swimming pool with sunloungers and parasols and it runs a on-site restaurant.
Indulge the location close to the beach and take the chance to discover more of Sal. Soak up the relaxing atmosphere and as you have two weeks time, pimp your holiday with some daytrips like for example to Boa Vista. This island of Cape Verde is more like a desert island and is partly unsettled, but there is the famous Cabo Santa Maria (that’s the one on the picture below) which is a metal wreck of a Spanish freighter that run aground on the island. It’s a very interesting sight :)
FYI: you need a valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of entry and you need a visa. You can get a visa upon arrival, but it’s recommend to do it before your arrival. Just read the info on gov.uk how you can purchase it before your holiday.
- Cape Verde Family Holiday: 14 Nights incl. Hotel, Breakfast, Flights and Transfer for only £489
- Travel period: 08/12/2014 – 22/12/2014
- Travel duration: 14 Nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 27°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 22°C
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: Thomas Cook Airlines
- Hotel: 2-star Hotel Pontao
- Rating: 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 38 reviews
- Location: in the centre of Santa Maria, 100 metres from the beach
- Destination: Cape Verde
- Board basis: breakfast
- Airport transfer in Cape Verde: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Entry: valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and visa necessary. More info on gov.uk
- Price: only £489 per person based on two adults and two children sharing
FYI: Sometimes the link to Thomas Cook doesn’t work on the first click, because the provider has troubles with direct links. Simply click twice on the link.
Click here (twice) for the Cape Verde Deal