Fly directly to a paradise that is no mainstream destination, but has it all that you would expect of an exotic destination: Sal! Cape Verde is a group of 10 islands off the west coast of Africa and Sal is one of these islands. Experience a unique melting pot of cultures and find Portuguese, Brazilian and African influences. This mixture makes a holiday to Sal so exciting and should be one of the destinations that you should travel to at least once in your life. Get to know the island with a very lush luxury holiday that you can book with thomson.co.uk: Indulge 7 Nights all inclusive in a stunning 5 star hotel including flights from Manchester and coach transfers for only £532 per person based on 2 people sharing!
Spend your days in the 5 star ClubHotel Riu Garopa (79% on TripAdvisor) which holds a Certificate of Excellence and enjoy its proximity to the beach. It takes you just a few steps to the beautiful white sandy beach and for coupla of steps more you will be able to visit Santa Maria, too. Back to the hotel and its gigantic terrace you can relax at the big lagoon pool and sip some drinks at its swim-up bar. The roof of the bar might remind you a little of the Sydney Opera House- looks definitely good. Taste the exotic African cuisine in the Mambana restaurant and treat yourself good. Guess another interesting fact about your hotel is that it is the sister hotel of the Riu Funana. That means that you are allowed to enjoy some of the facilities of the Riu Funana, too… so 2 hotels in 1, I would say :) Makes this holiday a great value for little money.
If you seek some more action during your holiday and if you want to see more of the island then do a Sal Sightseeing with a 4×4 ride. Thomson offers a half-day trip to the most impressive spots of Sal. You head to Palmeira on the west coast and set course to the legendary Buracona lagoon. The water in the lava cave looks like a clear blue eye depending on where the sun is. Don’t forget your camera on this trip! You can book this tour in advance on the page of Thomson if you click on ‘Things do do’. The tour costs £35 per person and is subject to availability. Have a wonderful holiday here in Cape Verde and make the most out of it.
FYI: you need a valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of entry and you need a visa. You can get a visa upon arrival, but it’s recommend to do it before your arrival. Just read the info on gov.uk how you can purchase it before your holiday.
- Cape Verde Luxury Holiday: 7 Nights incl. 5*Hotel, All Inclusive, Flights and Transfer for only £532
- Travel period: 18/06/2014 – 25/06/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 29°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 22°C
- Airport of departure: Manchester
- Airline: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: 5 star ClubHotel Rui Garopa
- Rating: 79% on TripAdvisor out of 1.962 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: on the beach, approx. 1 mile from Santa Maria centre
- Destination: Cape Verde
- Board basis: all inclusive
- Airport transfer in Cape Verde: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Entry: valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and visa necessary. More info on gov.uk
- Price: only £532 per person based on two adults sharing
Short note: When I was searching for the deal and clicked ‘continue’, one of the sites displayed a price of £5330 per person by mistake. If this happens to you, don’t be surprised and click again on ‘continue’. The next step displays the correct pricing.
Click here for the Cape Verde Deal