Prepare yourself for a great and cheap Iceland break! The setting of Viking sagas and more recently home to many of the locations in the modern fantasy saga Game of Thrones, Iceland has long held an Arctic allure for the more adventurous traveller. Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, is not only fascinating to visit as a city destination but also a great gateway to explore the epic landscapes of this enigmatic Nordic nation. Embrace yourself for a great Reykjavik break!
Cheap Iceland Break
This incredible deal combines flights, your chosen hotel and an amazing tour in Reykjavik, Iceland. This package to Reykjavik allows you to explore both the city and the spectacular landscapes that Iceland can offer. Groupon operates a voucher system for their bookings – in this case you’ll need to buy two vouchers as the offer is for two people. The cheapest option is for 2 nights with only the Northern Lights tour for only £219 per person.
Flights are available from London flying to Reykjavik, just a stone’s throw away from the city centre and your hotel. But you can also fly from Manchester or from Edinburgh.
You’ll be staying in either the 4* Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, the 4* Hotel Ódinsvé, the 4* Radisson Blu Saga Hotel or the 4* CenterHotel Skjaldbreid. These hotels are great for those wanting to explore Iceland, and offer a perfect base to really indulge your wanderlust.
Also available in the deal is the Northern Lights Tour – The winter months are probably the most popular months to experience the lights, because they bring long dark nights. Nature lovers will be enchanted with the Blue Lagoon Tour or the Golden circle tour, which you can also sign up for with this deal.
Although whichever option you choose will offer a fantastic overview of Iceland, they are by no means exhaustive – the city of Reykjavik itself has a wealth of fascinating museums and Nordic folklore to immerse yourself in, and no trip to Iceland would be complete without a dip in the hot geothermal springs nestled in this amazing volcanic land.
I found this deal on Groupon!
- Cheap Iceland Break: 2 Nights incl. Choice of 4* Hotel, Flights and Northern Lights Tour from £219 pp!
- Travel dates: Valid for arrivals on dates from April to December 2018.
- Price per person: you have to buy two vouchers to complete the booking
- Must book within 7 days of purchase or at least 20 days before departure
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Airport of departure: Flights from London
- Alternative airport: Manchester
- Hotel: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura / Hotel Ódinsvé / 4* Radisson Blu Saga Hotel / 4* CenterHotel Skjaldbreid
- Rating: Check TripAdvisor for ratings of each hotel
- Destination: Reykjavik, Iceland
- Meals: Not included
- Airport transfer not included, check your options here
- This holiday is an ATOL protected holiday
- A valid passport is mandatory.
- Price: from only £219 per person based on 2 adults sharing