Corfu is one of those words that starts my mind whirring, suddenly all I can picture is blue skies, white sandy beaches, beautiful scenery and the wind cooling me down under the heat of the midday sun. This is the holiday I would want!
Just off the coast of Greece, it stays hotter for longer, so whilst we’re at home starting to think about whether or not it’s acceptable to put the heating on when we’re barely into Autumn, why don’t you stop yourself even having to make the decision in the first place and leave to one of the most beautiful islands around.
I found this deal for you guys on thomson.co.uk and it’s an absolute bargain! Your Hotel, Flights and Transfers in Corfu are all included for only £289 per person! Your hotel is the Dora Studios and Apartments, which received a rating of 4/5 on TripAdvisor as well as a Certificate of Excellence for 2014!
The hotel is in a brilliant location, being only a 5 minute walk away from the beach but also being really close to the centre of St George South, something that doesn’t happen very often! It is a self catered stay, however the owners of the hotel also own a restaurant. It’s called the Panorama and is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel (hotel guests get a discount if they eat here!) If you would rather try something else, then there are plenty of bars and restaurants either along the beach front but also in the centre of St George South.
If you get the chance, I would also recommend that you try and spend some time in St George, because it has so many historic buildings and is really enjoyable to walk around and take your time to appreciate what’s around you. Naturally, I would also recommend trying out some of the local cafés and restaurants before heading back to the hotel, just to give you some variety but also so you can sample some local dishes, like moussaka and souvlaki (my favourites)!
This is one holiday you don’t want to miss. Corfu is beautiful at all times of the year, but in Autumn it’s quieter (because less people go on holiday in Autumn) so it’s easier to do exactly what you want to do, without having to worry whether or not there will be a sun bed available for you in the afternoon! It’s the perfect excuse for you and a partner, or a friend, to have a quick and easy holiday and forget about the stresses of being at home! You’ll have to be quick though, because deals like this don’t hang around for very long and people snap them up really quickly, so there are only a few rooms left!
- Corfu Holiday: 14 Nights incl. Hotels, Flights and Transfers only £289
- Travel dates: 26/09/2014 – 10/10/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 25°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 20°C
- Airport of departure: London Luton
- Airline: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: Dora Studio and Apartments
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 129 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: St George South, middle of & 5 minutes walk from beach
- Destination: St George South, Corfu
- Meals: self catering
- Airport transfer in Corfu: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Rental car: on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £289 per person based on 2 adults sharing