Calella is considered as the tourism capital of the Costa Brava. It’s a city with over 650 years of history and beautifully located between the sea and the mountains. Calella enjoys an outstanding location right beside the Mediterranean sea and it’s geographically situated between Barcelona and Girona, two of the most important cities of Cataluña.
A holiday to Costa Brava is really worth its money especially with this decent price that I have found on expedia.co.uk: spend 7 nights in the 4 star Hotel Bernat II (70% on TripAdvisor) for only £148 per person based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing.
The hotel is family-friendly and features an outdoor pool plus a poolside bar. Besides that it hosts cosy spa facilities like a hydromassage pool, a Finnish sauna, a Turkish bath and hot &cold showers. You can use the spa for a little extra of 9€ per hour.
There’s a restaurant, too and you can upgrade this holiday package from a self catering holiday to half board for only £173 per person or full board for £194 per person.
If you have chosen your preferred board basis look forward to stay with your family at the Costa Brava where you will be able to have nice days on the beach and to visit Barcelona, if you never have been there or can’t wait to go back. The beach is only a few metres from your location and the shopping centre is only 5 minutes, if you’re in the shopping mood :)
I recommend you to rent a car to be more flexible during your holiday in Spain and to be able to see more of the beautiful region. And if you’re not up for any day trips and simply want to stay at your place, then use alternatively the public transports to get from the airport to your hotel for example (get the directions below).
- Costa Brava Family Holiday: 7 Nights incl. 4*Hotel and Flights for only £148
- Travel period: 18/09/2014 – 25/09/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 23°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 20°C
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- alternative airports: change the airport to suit your needs
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 4 star Hotel Bernat II
- Rating: 70% on TripAdvisor out of 160 reviews
- Location: few metres from the Calella Beach and 5 minutes from shopping centre
- Destination: Costa Brava / Spain
- Board basis: selfcatering (more options for an extra available: half board £173 pp, full board £194pp)
- Airport transfer in Girona not included. By bus and train 1.30 hrs, £6 each way.
- Rental car: on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £148 per person based on two adults and two children sharing
FYI: If the link doesn’t forward you directly to the deal, please to do following step to get to the deal: on the left side on expedia.co.uk is a box called “filter results” , there you have to type in the name of the hotel Hotel Bernat II. Then press on ‘Go’ and you should see the deal.
Click here for the Costa Brava Deal