In the far south of the Greek Aegean Sea lies the beautiful island of Crete, which enables you with many beautiful places and beaches a great holiday. So a trip to the most beautiful beach of the island, the Elafonisi, is a must-see, because here you’re going to feel almost like in the Caribbean. For those of you who love culture a trip to the famous ancient palace in Knossos is an idea (picture below). At this place you can well imagine how the ancient Greece has looked like. For your tours through Crete a rental car would be ideal.
I have spotted on thomson.co.uk a family holiday package that includes your flights from Birmingham to Crete, your stay at the 2-star Hotel Frixos & Apartments (4/5 on TripAdvisor) with self catering and coach transfers for only £125 per person based on two adults and two children sharing. There is also the option to change this package into four adults for only £169 per person if you rather want to turn this family holiday into a lads holiday for example, because this place has it both: nightlife for the younger crowd or beaches + culture for families.
The hotel is only 100 metres from the centre of Malia and one mile from the beach. It offers its guests a friendly atmosphere with a decent-sized pool at the swim-up bar and there is also a small area for children in the corner of the pool. I have checked the reviews on TripAdvisor that are especially interesting for families and most of the reviewers said that the hotel is lovely and not too noisy as you might expect now, but you should keep in mind that most of the guests are younger and that there won’t be many other families.
Malia has thousands of years of history and has become one of the most vibrant and modern tourist destination along the central northern coast of Crete. Malia attracts most of its visitors certainly with its vibrant nightlife and its golden sandy beaches. But there are also a lot of places full of culture and amazing landscapes that you can explore here on the biggest island of Greece.
Make it your homebase for exciting day trips and excursions and enjoy your time :)
- Crete Family Holiday: 14 Nights incl. Hotel, Flights and Transfer for only £125
- Travel period: 21/08/2014 – 05/09/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 29°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 25°C
- Airport of departure: Birmingham
- Airline: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: 2-star Hotel Frixos & Apartments
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 96 reviews
- Location: approx. 1 mile from the beach, 100 metres to the nightlife of Malia
- Destination: Crete
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Crete: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Rental car: £21 per day on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £125 per person based on two adults and two children sharing