If you’re looking for a relaxing and quiet holiday to a place with a history dating back more than 8000 years, then how about the birthplace of Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty? I’m talking about Paphos which was once the capital of Cyprus and the seat of the imperial governor during the Roman Empire and the Byzantine period. Nowadays this city is ideal for those of you who love to experience culture and beach during the holiday.
Paphos has many beautiful hidden antiquities which are still being discovered today. And if you’re a passionate admirer of historical places, then start with a visit to the Paphos castle which is one of the remains of the Byzantine times and has been built to protect the harbour. It’s declared as an ancient monument and today probably one of the most interesting sights of the island.
But there are a lot more places and things to do here and I have found you a bargain on expedia.co.uk which takes you to Paphos for only £140 per person based on 2 adults sharing. The hotel is the excellent and Travellers’ Choice 2014 Winner Pyramos Hotel (86% on TripAdvisor) which is close to another great cultural attraction: the Archaeological Park. This complex includes many monuments like for example the Asklipieion and the ‘Tombs of the Kings’.
Your hotel is a great place to stay and makes a perfect base to explore the area. And as this holiday starts in January you will be able to enjoy this destination apart from the main tourist season. Many tourist come to Paphos for sun and beach. But it’s so adorable and peaceful if you choose to stay here during the winter months. Besides the city is located in the west of Cyprus, so it’s usually a bit warmer in winter than the north western part of the island.
- Cyprus 2015 Holiday: 7 Nights incl. excellent Hotel, Breakfast and Flights for only £140
- Travel period: 20/01/2014 – 27/01/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 18°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 17°C
- Airport of departure: Manchester
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 3-star Pyramos Hotel
- Rating: 86% on TripAdvisor out of 227 reviews + Travellers’ Choice 2014 Winner
- Location: Kato Paphos, close to the harbour
- Destination: Cyprus
- Board basis: breakfast
- Airport transfer in Paphos not included. The hotel is only 10 miles from the airport. By bus (£1, 1hrs), by taxi (ca. £2, 32 mins). Get the directions here.
- Rental car: on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £140 per person based on two adults sharing