Known as the centre of education and a city of culture, Edinburgh is a great place to visit whatever the weather. With friendly locals, unique and delicious native cuisines (such as black pudding, shortbread or haggis) and staggering amount of attractions, you will have to come back again to fit them all in! I found this corker of a deal on travelbird.co.uk for 2 people; 1 night hotel stay, breakfast the following morning and day tickets to Edinburgh Dungeon.
Your Edinburgh Staycation Deal
You will be staying at the Edinburgh Mercure Quay Hotel, (4/5 on Tripadvisor) which just opened in June 2015, meaning the hotel is impeccable, stylish and a real treat. Just 20 minutes walk from Princes Street (the main shopping street) and only a short walk from Haymarket train station and Edinburgh Castle, this hotel is a perfect place to set your bags and explore! Your double room features an Apple TV, manual and automatic temperature control, an en-suite bathroom and various other facilities. With average temperatures dropping to 1°C throughout the winter months, the firecracker of a deal is ideal for a cost effective, cosy winter trip to experience Scotland’s capital. The Edinburgh Dungeons includes 1000 years of gory history into 80 fun packed, exciting minutes with live actors, special effects and a lot of humour – fun for all ages!
- Edinburgh: 1 night incl. Hotel, Breakfast & Dungeon Tickets from £79
- Travel dates: various dates in October, November & December 2015, January, February & March 2016
- Length of stay: 1 night (2 nights available at a higher price)
- Hotel: Edinburgh Mercure Quay Hotel
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 51 reviews
- Hotel location: approx. miles from city centre
- Destination: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Meals: self catering
- Travel is not included
- Price: only £39.50 per person based on 2 adults sharing