Looking to head off on a magical winter adventure? Allow me to introduce Monschau, a medieval town nestled in a breathtaking valley that’s home to all sorts of wonderfully wonky half-timbered houses. If you love soaking up some festive magic, this is the place to be!
Monschau Christmas Markets
I’ve spotted a cheap Expedia deal going for a 3-night break in Monschau this December when then Christmas market will be in full swing. I found two sets of dates that came to pretty much the same price so you can check those below.
As well as flights to Cologne-Bonn you’ve got your stay at the Haus Stehlings included as well. The accommodation is basic, but it does offer fantastic value for money, especially at this time of year when everything gets booked up pretty solidly!
The Christmas market here is small, but it more than makes up for it with its magical atmosphere. To be surrounded by the hills and beautiful old townhouses only adds to the snugness factor! When you’re not too busy enjoying some mulled wine, why not explore the surrounding Eifel National Park? The many lakes, valleys and rivers are breathtaking at winter time!
If you’re interested in booking this deal, simply click on the link to be taken to the holiday package over at the provider’s website. :)
- Monschau Christmas Markets: 3 Nights incl. Hotel & Return Flights only £119
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 10/12/2018 – 13/12/2018
- Alternative dates: 03/12/2018 – 06/12/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Cologne-Bonn
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Haus Stehlings
- Score: 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Monschau, Germany
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £119 per person based on two adults sharing