The Venice of the Alps is a delight to visit no matter what time of year, but at Christmas time this city transforms into a festive little wonderland. To see the mighty Alps decked with snow and the fairy lights reflected in the canals… Magnifique!
Festive City Break to Annecy
On Trivago and my Flight Finder, I’ve spotted a brilliant offer to Annecy this December that’s well worth snapping up should you fancy a festive getaway somewhere different! Annecy is a small yet colourful town situated by the lake of the same name. There are wonderful strolls to be had along the canals, and you’ll love the mountain views across the lake – perfect for sparking up a bit of romance!
You’ll be flying to Grenoble, which has plenty of cheap connections to Annecy that you can take advantage of. And the hotel that you’ll be staying at, the ibis Annecy Centre Vieille Ville, is right in the heart of all the action! The Old Town is right at your doorstop, as it the Thiou river. With that in mind you have loads of delightful little cafés and restaurants where you can enjoy some cosy moments together.
This year, Annecy will be celebrating Noël des Alpes. Keep your eyes peeled for the festive lights displays, traditional Christmas cribs and even a skating rink!
To book this deal, simply click the links to book your hotel and flights over at the providers’ websites. :)
- Festive City Break to Annecy: 2 Nights in Central Hotel incl. Return Flights only £74
- Provider: Trivago + Flight Finder
- Travel period: 18/12/2018 – 20/12/2018
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Grenoble
- Airline: Rynair
- Hotel: ibis Annecy Centre Vieille Ville
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Central
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Travel insurance: Compare prices here
- Price only £74 per person based on two adults sharing