My next solo destination is one you may not be too familiar with. Located in Eurasia, the country of Georgia has retained an exotic quality. Nervous about travelling solo? Georgia’s defining characteristic is its friendly people and genuine hospitality. Check out this Georgia solo getaway that I put together using Airbnb and Skyscanner.
Georgia Solo Getaway
During your three nights in Tiblisi, you will be staying at the Guest House Mariami. This traditional house is great for solo travellers. You’ll be within walking distance of the town centre, and host Arhcili can arrange a tour of the city and the surrounding area for you. With great reviews, complimentary breakfast and beautiful rooms, this is the perfect base for exploring Kutaisi!
Georgia is an exciting blend of cultures. At the meeting between Europe and Asia, you’ll find some stunning, mountainous landscapes. Kutaisi is stunning: its wine history means rolling vineyards, lush tree-capped hills and 19th-century houses. The city was once the capital of Georgia before moving to Tiblisi. The first sights on your itinerary should be a visit to Bagrati Cathedral, Motsameta Monastery and the electric Green Bazaar. The historical district of the city is perfect to walk around at night. Like I said before, the country will welcome you with open arms and you’ll love dining in one of the city’s traditional restaurants.
- Georgia Solo Getaway: 3 Nights in Charming Guesthouse incl. Breakfast £90
- Provider: Airbnb and Skyscanner
- Travel period: 25/11/2018 – 28/11/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London LTN
- Destination airport: Kutaisi KUT
- Airline: Wizz Air
- Hotel: Guest House Mariami
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb + Superhost Rating
- Location: Kutaisi
- Meals: Breakfast
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £90 per person based on two adults sharing