The island of eternal spring – that’s one way you can look at this beautiful Portuguese island! Situated in the Atlantic Ocean, the island’s mild climate means that nature is incredibly lush and green. This gateway to Madeira is the perfect destination for a few relaxing days away if you ask me!
Getaway to Madeira
I’ve spotted a lovely deal to Madeira this October over at Expedia. It’s perfect for anyone who wants a little something to look forward to as the weather starts getting a bit colder here at home! The deal comes with your direct return flights from Manchester as well as your stay at the lovely Rochinha Studio Apartment.
Enjoying a gorgeous location up in the hills, your apartment will truly be a home away from home. The views out across the city are truly breathtaking and you’ll have plenty of space to make yourselves nice and comfortable. You’ve also got the fantastic Botanical Gardens around the corner from you as well – not to be missed!
The island features rugged coastlines that are a joy to discover, ranging from dramatic cliffs to awesome tidal pools that you can swim in! In the lush valleys, you’ll find traditional little villages and I definitely recommend hiking along some Levada trails, which follow the traditional water irrigation systems built by Portuguese settlers in the 16th century.
To book this deal, simply click the link to be taken to the package over at the provider’s website. :)
- Getaway to Madeira: 4 Nights in Fantastic Studio Apartment in Madeira incl. Return Flights from Manchester only £170pp
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 11/10/2018 – 15/10/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Departure airport: Manchester
- Destination airport: Funchal
- Airline: Thomas Cook
- Hotel: Rochinha Studio Apartment
- Score: 5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £160 per person based on two adults sharing