When we think of Croatia, it tends to be Dubrovnik that hogs the limelight. But at the other end of the Adriatic coast in the region of Istria, you’ll find plenty of beautiful historic towns and villages – and some lush views to boot! Treat yourself to a getaway in the lovely seaside town of Rovinj and experience some proper Croatian charm!
Getaway to Rovinj
This is an Expedia package I managed to put together for a 7-night getaway this October. It includes your return flights as well as your B&B stay at the excellent 4* Villa Valdibora, situated in the city’s historic heart. Rovinj’s Old Town is situated on a small peninsula, and Venetian spire of St. Euphemia’s Church towers above the terracotta rooftops. It’s small, but you’ll love the atmosphere and you’ve got plenty of fantastic restaurants serving up some incredible seafood and traditional fare.
To the south of Rovinj is Pula, a city bursting with history. It features one of the world’s best preserved Roman amphitheatres (think the Colosseum, but more intact!) as well as temples, churches and arches that date all the way back to the Roman era. I’d also recommend heading in-land for a trip to Motovun, a medieval town that’s nestled away in the hills – magical!
To book this deal, simply click the link below to be taken to the package over at Expedia’s website.
- Getaway to Rovinj: 7 Nights in Fantastic 4* Hotel in Rovinj’s Old Town incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only £245pp
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 10/10/2018 – 17/10/2018
- Length of stay: 7 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Pula
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Villa Valdibora
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Rovinj, Croatia
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £245 per person based on two adults sharing