Alsace is a truly wonderful region of France. Situated along the German border, it’s a place where you can really sense the mixing of the two cultures over time. The half-timbered houses look like something out of a fairy tale and the lush countryside is home to numerous vineyards and pretty little villages. Just take it slow and enjoy the finer things in live here!
Holiday to Alsace
This is a great deal I put together using Hotels.com and my Flight Finder tool. Included are your return flights to Strasbourg as well as 4 nights at the Pierre & Vacances Residence La Petite Venise. It’s just a short walk away from the picturesque centre of Colmar, a town famous for its “Petite Venise” area where the canal is lined with lovely bars and gorgeous architecture.
And of course Alsace offers so much to see and do. Foodies will love the cuisine here, which unites hearty German fare with that typical French flair (and let’s not forget the amazing wines here!). Head to Strasbourg and you’ll be able to admire the stunning cathedral and explore the little streets to your heart’s content. And if you love your history, be sure to head up to the Château du Haut-Kœningsbourg, a breathtaking fortress perched high up on a hill that dates all the way back to the 12th Century.
To book this deal, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately over at the providers’ websites. :)
- Holiday to Alsace: 4 Nights in Great Self-Catered Apartment in Colmar incl. Return Flights only £119pp
- Provider: Hotels.com + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 26/09/2018 – 30/09/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Strasbourg Entzheim
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Pierre & Vacances Residence La Petite Venise
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Colmar, Alsace
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £119 per person based on two adults sharing