In the very high of northern Europe lies one of the most beautiful countries in the world: Iceland! Not because there are many beaches or high temperatures, but rather because of the incredible natural and unspoilt landscape. You will find here many rivers, lakes, water falls and volcanoes making the country a unique destination for all of you who love being in nature. If you need an unforgettable and entertaining holiday over the winter, then save this bargain here on expedia.co.uk and get prepared for extensive hiking trips :)
7 Nights of pure nature
The deal takes you to Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland and you’re going to stay in a decent and cosy room at the 2-star Einholt Apartments (71% TripAdvisor) including the flights from and back to Edinburgh. The price is really cracking for Reykjavik and usually much more expensive than this: pay today only incredible £247 per person for a trip of four adults sharing.
That’s a great opportunity to make this holiday either a super experience with three of your friends or to spend an extraordinary family break in Iceland.
Your accommodation is a spacious apartment with about 75 square metres size, so I’m sure there will be enough space for all of you :) The location is directly in the capital, providing an ideal starting point for your tours around this beautiful island. The transfer between the airport and the hotel is very nice and easy in Iceland: The shuttle buses take only 45 mins from the airport to Reykjavik and drive every 30 mins. Then it’s only a stroll of 1 mile to get to the hotel. The bus costs £11 each way.
I recommend you to rent a car if you want to take the chance of doing more extensive tours through Iceland. You can book a rental car locally, if you want to decide that spontaneously. As far as I’m concerned I prefer to book a rental car before the holiday and to check the lowest rates on carrentals.co.uk, because they compare many sites to each other and have cheap prices! And as rental cars are generally very expensive in Iceland, you should then take a few extra costs into account! But fortunately, as you’re four people travelling, you can divide the costs :) The cheapest price for a rental car, that I have found, was for £25 per day.
And here’s another reason for you to consider to book this holiday: the famous Blue Lagoon spa is only 24 miles from Reykjavik. It’s a geothermal spa and believe me when I say that it is an oasis of relaxation… just check it out and enjoy it!
- Iceland Group Holiday: 7 Nights incl. central Apartment and Flights for only £247
- Travel period: 09/12/2014 – 16/12/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- Airport of departure: Edinburgh
- Airline: easyJet
- Baggage: hand luggage included / checked bag £10 – £20 per item and way
- Hotel: 2-star Einholt Apartments
- Rating: 71% on TripAdvisor out of 180 reviews
- Location: in the city centre of Reykjavik, close to Kjarvalsstadir, 24 miles from the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa
- Destination: Iceland
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Reykjavik not included. By bus 1hr, £11 each way
- Rental car: £25 per day on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £247 per person based on four adults sharing