Once a little fishing village and nowadays one the most bustling and liveliest holiday spots… I’m talking about Kardamena in Kos! It’s located on the south east coast and the houses that have been built along the beach fit perfectly into the beautiful natural surroundings. With this holiday you will be on one hand far away to find quiet surroundings and on the other hand close enough to the strip. Have a look at the holiday package to Greece that I have found on thomson.co.uk:
You’ll stay in the 2-star Angelina Studios (4/5 on TripAdvisor) which makes a perfect location for those of you who like to spend the days in peace and the nights with action.
It’s only a 10 minutes’ walk to the strip of Kardamena and to the beach it’s about 20 minutes away. So no problem to have a great night out and to recover from a little hangover by relaxing on the beach :)
The hotel is declared as 18-30s experience that offers an outdoor pool with sunbeds and parasols and runs its own decent late-night bar. The apartments are great for self catering, because they are equipped with fridges and grocery stores are almost around the corner, so within coupla of minutes you are well prepared for your holiday. If you need to you can turn up the air-con for a few extra euros, too.
You will have plenty of opportunities to spend your days and nights here in Kardamena. If you leave in the early evening you have many different tavernas, restaurants and fast food spots to choose from, for your dinner or drinking- there are also some British pubs if you feel a bit homesick during your holiday :)
Most of the bars and restaurants offer a great view of the harbour, so take your time and enjoy this long holiday. Kardamena is also only 18 miles from Kos town, so would be a worth a visit, too. It’s easy to get there by public buses or by cab.
Even if this holiday has an undeniable party aspect Kardamena offers a lot of history. It is built on the area of the ancient city of Alasarna which used to be an important ritual spot during the Classical Period. The ruins show signs of a sanctuary which has been dedicated to Apollo and Hercules, a theatre and some other Roman constructions.
Anyway, what I want to say is that you have a lot of time to spend your holiday in Kos either with sunbathing, water sports and partying or with interesting cultural excursions to other places. Have fun :)
- Kos Holiday Package: 14 Nights incl. good Hotel, Flights and Transfer for only £146
- Travel period: 13/08/2014 – 27/08/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 30°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 24°C
- Airport of departure: Glasgow
- Airline: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: 2-star Angelina Studios
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 74 reviews
- Location: Kardamena, short stroll to shops, 10 minutes’ walk to the nightlife, beach about 15 minutes’ walk
- Destination: Kos
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Kos: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Price: only £146 per person based on 2 adults sharing