Nothing beats a proper German Christmas market – and Leipzig has one of the best!
Leipzig Christmas Markets
Leipzig is a large city in the east of Germany that features everything from excellent museums, galleries and stately architecture. But at Christmas time the city is abuzz with festive vibes! With this brilliant Trivago and Flight Finder deal I’ve put together you’ll be able to see for yourselves how a proper Christmas market is done!
As well as direct flights you’ve got 2 nights at the Hotel Balance Leipzig Alte Messe. Situated to the south-east of the city, this charming hotel has superb transport links which will bring you to the centre of the city in no time at all. Perfect for a short break spent sightseeing and shopping!
The Leipzig Christmas market dates all the way back to 1458, making it one of the oldest markets going. The Markplatz square is filled to the brim with cosy stalls and decorations – listen out for the trombonist assemble that play tunes from the balcony of the old town hall! I also recommend checking out St. Thomas’ Church, which plays host to beautiful choir performances.
To book this deal, simply click the links to book your hotel and flights over at the provider’s websites. :)
- Leipzig Christmas Markets: 2 Nights in 4* Hotel incl. Return Flights only £87
- Provider: Trivago + Flight Finder
- Travel period: 12/12/208 – 14/12/2018
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Leipzig
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Balance Hotel Leipzig Alte Messe
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Central
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Travel insurance: Compare prices here
- Price only £87 per person based on two adults sharing