Besides Paris there are so many pretty cities to be found in France. The northern city Lille is one of them and will impress you with its picturesque architecture and its wonderful Old Town where the fountain statue ‘La Grande Deesse’ is set in the centre. Take a walk on the cobbled streets and quarry for little treasures on the markets, especially Sundays are great for that. That’s when most bargain markets are open. It’s perfect for a short city break. Shopoholics will also love France’s biggest shopping mall within walking distance to your hotel called Euralille, where you can actually spend a whole day, it’s that big…
The offer from Travelbird.co.uk includes 2 nights in the 3-star Hotel Lille Europe (70% on Tripadvisor + Certificate of Excellence) with a breakfast buffet on each morning. From the breakfast room you have a great view over the city. You can also check out late to make your stay eve more comfortable. The hotel is set right in the heart of the city so you can just step out of the hotel and find yourself in the middle of your sightseeing trip!
As Lille lies on the Brussels-London-Paris connection and both TGV and Eurostar trains stop here it’s very simple to reach Lille from London. It takes around an hour and a half, but another option is of course flying to Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris and then to take a train to Lille. Check the prices for a flight on expedia.co.uk.
- Lille: 3 Days incl. Hotel and Breakfast for only £50
- Travel period: April-August
- Travel duration: 3 days
- Hotel: Hotel Lille Europe
- Rating: 70% on TripAdvisor out of 256 reviews plus Certificate of Excellence
- Location: city centre
- Board basis: breakfast
- Getting there: via Brussels-London-Paris connection or TGV or Eurostar trains. Another option is flying to Paris Charles de Gaulle and then take a train to Lille. Check for flights on expedia.co.uk.
- Rental car: from the airport, check carrentals.co.uk
- Excluded: booking fee of £9
- Price: only £50 per person based on two adults sharing