Whether you’re interested in history, wildlife, breathtaking views or all three, Lisbon is the place to visit. The capital of Portugal is bursting with life and soul (rated Europe’s leading city destination 2013) and it only continues to improve. I spotted this great deal on travelbird.co.uk and I couldn’t believe my eyes!
Your Lisbon and Porto City Break
This deal includes three nights in Lisbon’s sunny climate, staying in the central Hotel Expo Astoria (4/5 on Tripadvisor) located only 300m off the main shopping street of Avenida da Liberdade. The beautiful tiled and cobbled streets are ideal for strolling, whether it is to Lisbon beach located at the end of the shopping district, or to the nearest Metro stop which services the majority of the capital. With its user friendly nature and clean stations throughout, you can use this to reach the world famous aquarium – Oceanario de Lisboa – or ride a couple more stops to the zoo – Jardim Zoologico de Lisboa, popular with adults and children alike.
Don’t let the hills deter you from exploring this unique city – use the many funicular railways as your mode of transport, such as the Elevador da Glória, only one example of the efficient and economical street cars used to enjoy the magnificent sights over Lisbon.
Following the sun on the train north, you will arrive in Porto for two nights, staying in the Hotel Moov Porto Centro (4.5/5 on Tripadvisor, with a Certificate of Excellence) – Portugal’s second largest city – just in time for a late lunch in the sunny colourful streets. Porto is known for its high quality cuisine, solely unique to its city. Stroll through its magical Ribeira district, admire the beautiful houses and night-life where you can experience true Portuguese culture, in the place that the fortified wine of the same name was initially made. With an impressive architectural history like no other, it’d not hard to see why it attracts so many visitors per year. Move quickly as a deal like this is not to be passed on!
- Lisbon + Porto Break: 5 Nights incl. Hotels, Breakfast, Train Connection & Flights from £232
- Travel dates: selected dates in September, October and November 2015
- Length of stay: 5 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Stansted or Liverpool
- Alternative airports: None
- Airline: Ryanair when departing from London Stansted/Ryanair & easyJet when departing from Liverpool
- Hotel Lisbon: Hotel Expo Astoria
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 422 reviews
- Hotel location: 300m from The Liberty Avenue (Avenida da Liberdade)
- Hotel Porto: Hotel Moov Porto Centro
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 1,285 reviews
- Hotel location: 250m from Sao Bento main Train & Metro Station
- Destination: Lisbon & Porto, Portugal
- Meals: Breakfast every morning included at each hotel
- Airport transfer in Lisbon and Porto not included. Check your way here
- Get an exclusive 15% off transfers, travel money, insurance and more from Holiday Extras
- Price includes booking fee of £4.95
- Price: only £232 per person based on 2 adults sharing