If you’re looking for a little getaway to some really special, I can only recommend the cute town of Annecy. Nestled away in the midst of the mighty French Alps, this colourful town features beautiful canals, historic buildings and a lush lakeside location that’s hard to beat!
Long Weekend in Annecy
This is a 3-night weekend city break that I’ve put together using Hotels.com and my Flight Finder tool. You’ll be flying to the city of Grenoble, where you’ll find loads of connections to Annecy. And the hotel you’re staying at, the ibis Styles Annecy Gare Centre, definitely makes everything super convenient – you’re just around the corner from the main station!
You’ll be staying in your own private room with complimentary breakfast included each morning, meaning that you can get each day off to the perfect start. And you’ll need the energy – there’s plenty to see and do in the area!
Start by strolling along the beautiful canal down towards the lake – you’ll pass the beautiful old prison which looks almost like a little mini-castle in itself. Along the way you’ll pass all sorts of colourful houses and winding streets filled with cosy restaurants. Once you’re down at the lake you’ll be able to enjoy some breathtaking views of the mountains all around and simply revel in the tranquil atmosphere. Let the beauty of nature really sink in!
If you’re interested in booking this deal, simply click the links below to be taken to the provider’s websites, where you’ll be able to proceed with booking your hotel and return flights. :)
- Long Weekend in Annecy: 3 Nights in Fantastic Central Hotel incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only £125
- Provider: Hotel & Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 05/10/2018 – 08/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Grenoble
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: ibis Styles Annecy Gare Centre
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Annecy, French Alps
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £125 per person based on two adults sharing