Are you in need of a quick break? Ideally somewhere that’s close to the UK? In a destination that oozes charm, history, natural beauty and lovely locals? If so, then I’ve found you the perfect getaway for October on Expedia!
Long Weekend in Carcassonne
Surrounded by vineyards and rolling hills in the backdrop, Carcassonne stands proudly in the valley of the Aude river and sits beside the Pyrenees. This walled city is a fine example of a medieval labyrinth, with 52 towers and is a remarkable 1.9 miles long! I would suggest heading to the Canal du Midi to enjoy a relaxing and romantic boat ride. Cruising along this 300-year-old waterway will allow you to treasure the tranquillity of the city as you glide by lush vineyards in the heart of the Languedoc wine region.
Hotel l’Octroi is a family-friendly and trendy hotel with an outdoor pool and is located in close proximity to major hotspots like Chateau Comtal, Narbonnaise Gate and Aude Gate. I suggest heading out early to avoid tourists and just immersing yourself into the winding passageways and alleys. By night, a great plan would be to start in Place Carnot and choose one of the boutique French restaurants to enjoy the authentic ambience the Bastide de Saint-Louis area has to offer. A lovely feature is the Fountain of Neptune which dates back to 1770!
For a holiday you can look forward to soon, book your trip with Expedia, using any of the links :)
- Long Weekend in Carcassonne: 3 Nights in Superb Hotel Close to the Medieval Cité incl. Return Flights from Manchester only £169
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 19/10/2018 – 22/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Manchester
- Destination airport: Carcassonne
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel l’Octroi
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Carcassonne centre
- Meals: none
- Airport transfer: none
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £169 per person based on two adults sharing (includes €6 hotel taxes)