This is a holiday for the true adventurers among you!
Long Weekend in the Faroe Islands
The Faroe Islands are nothing short of humbling. The rugged landscapes are so incredible, they look as if they were plucked straight out of a fantasy novel. Waterfalls plunging into the Atlantic Ocean, barren peaks shrouded in mist – these are views that will knock your socks off!
This is a nifty long weekend that I put together using Airbnb and my Flight Finder tool. With it you’ll have direct flights from Edinburgh as well as 3 nights in a charming Airbnb. Situated in a cosy little cottage in a tiny hamlet, you’ll be able to wake up to breathtaking views and really enjoy that authentic Faroese experience.
Tórshavn, the cosy capital of the islands, is a lovely little town with traditional wooden houses tightly packed together. But it’s the landscapes that are the main draw here in the Faroe Islands. You’ll have endless opportunities to explore all the fjords, valleys and otherworldly mountains that seem to rise out of the ocean. The Mulafossur waterfall, Sørvágsvatn lake and the beautiful village of Tjørnuvík are just a handful of the places I can only recommend you check out while you’re there!
To book this deal, simply click the links below to book your accommodation and flights separately. :)
- Long Weekend in the Faroe Islands: 3 Nights in Cosy Airbnb incl. Direct Edinburgh Flights only £240pp
- Provider: Airbnb + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 05/10/2018 – 08/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Edinburgh
- Destination airport: Sorvagur
- Airline: Atlantic Airways
- Listing: Tranquil house by the sea
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb
- Location: Miðvágur, Faroe Islands
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £240 per person based on two adults sharing