Lisbon may have been stealing most of the limelight, but Portugal’s second city is finally being recognised for the true gem it is. Colourful, quirky architecture, gorgeous riverside vistas and amazing cuisine make any trip to Porto a real delight!
Long Weekend in Porto
With this lovely little city break deal I’ve put together you’ll be able to enjoy a long weekend right in the heart of Porto. I’ve used a fantastic deal I’ve spotted on Hotels.com in combination with some cheap flights from Liverpool I found using my Flight Finder tool.
The Almada Wine House puts you right in the heart of the city, with top sights such as the cathedral and the famous Luiz I bridge within easy reach. The interiors are absolutely beautiful and I can guarantee you you’re going for feel right at home as soon as you unpack your stuff and get settled in. To make things even better, the main station of Porto and the metro stations are just around the corner. What’s not to love!
I recommend going for a lovely stroll along the Cais da Ribeira, one of the loveliest riverside walks you can do in the city. You’ll really get a sense for the magical atmosphere that the old Ribeira district possesses and you’ll be under its spell in no time. And if you want to experience the legendary porto wine, just nip across the river – a lot of wine cellars are based on the southern bank of the Douro River. Or you could do a proper day trip to the Douro Valley and admire the amazing vineyards.
As you can see, Porto is truly magical! If you’re interested I’d definitely recommend just having a little look at the providers’ websites for more information about the hotel and flights. :)
- Long Weekend in Porto: 3 Nights in Stunning Studio Apartment in Central Porto incl. Breakfast & Return Flights from Liverpool only £195
- Provider: Hotels.com + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 19/10/2018 – 22/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Liverpool
- Destination airport: Porto
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Almada Wine House
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Central Porto
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £195 per person based on two adults sharing (incl. €5 tourist tax payable locally)