In the Atlantic ocean lies the beautiful Portuguese island of Madeira. It’s about 590 miles southwest of Lisbon and 458 miles west of the Moroccan coast. The special feature of this island is its pristine and thriving nature, which has given it the name “flower island”.
Immerse yourself in the paradise island which is full of colourful flowers and relax at night in a cosy bed of the 4-Star Hotel Baia Azul! This hotel is receiving you in the capital of Madeira, Funchal.
It takes only 270 metres from your hotel to the beachfront that offers you a breathtaking view of the North Atlantic. In Funchal you should visit the “Workers Market” – “Mercado dos Lavradores” and take your time to discover all the interesting things. Stroll along the stalls and buy the tastiest local ingredients on the fish market.
I suggest you also to also visit the Sé Cathedral, the port, the botanical gardens or the tropical garden in Monte! It’s best to take a cheap rental car to satisfy your curiosity :) Drive around and explore the beautiful flower island, because it is really worth it!
3 nights on Madeira at the nice 4 star Hotel Baia Azul
Expedia.co.uk is currently offering a holiday package for only £185 per person based on 2 adults sharing to Madeira in March 2015, including the good 4-star Hotel Baia Azul (72% on TripAdvisor) with flights from London Gatwick. Even if there is still a lot of time until March 2015, you shouldn’t think too much about this deal, because there are only a few rooms left at this price!
The hotel is located near the beachfront and offers beside an outdoor pool with a sun deck amazing views over the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains. You can choose either to stay in a room with mountain views or for an extra of £5.06 per night in a room with sea view.
- Madeira 2015 Short Break: 3 Nights incl. 4* Hotel, Breakfast and Flights for only £185
- Travel dates: 13/03/2015 – 16/03/2015
- Travel duration: 3 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 20°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 19°C
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: easyJet
- Luggage: Hand luggage included / checked luggage £10 – £20 per bag, each way
- Hotel: 4-star Hotel Baia Azul
- Rating: 72% on TripAdvisor out of 236 reviews
- Location: Funchal, approx. 270 metres from Fromosa Beach, close to Berreiros Stadium and Madeira Casino
- Destination: Madeira
- Meals: breakfast
- Airport transfer in Funchal not included. By bus 56 mins, £3 each way. By taxi 34 mins, £12 each way.
- Rental car: take a look on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £185 per person based on two adults sharing