This Portuguese island off the coast of Africa is famous for it’s mild climate, so why not soak up some winter sunshine and beat the cold with a Madeira winter getaway?
7 Night Madeira Winter Getaway Including Breakfast and Flights
With this deal to the gorgeous island of Madeira you can escape the British winter with a Madeira winter getaway for far less than you would think!
Flights are from Edinburgh to Funchal, the capital of Madeira, and provided by EasyJet. Transfers are not included, but I would probably recommend renting a car to really make the most of the island – you can find some good value rental deals here. If not there are many travel options, check them out here.
The Estalagem do Vale Hotel is perfectly situated, with views over the volcanic mountains surrounding the town of Sao Vicente and beautiful sea views. The hotel also boasts a pool with a view, perfect for working on that winter tan. There’s even an indoor pool, so you can swim whatever the weather – not that you’ll need to with Madeira’s famously mild climate! With a car the hotel is in easy reach of many amazing sights and beaches to explore, including the famous Caves of Sao Vicente just a couple of miles away. This hotel scores 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor.
The mountains and beaches of Madeira, along with it’s pretty little towns and villages, make the island an ideal place for a good relax. Its subtropical climate also makes it an amazing outdoor destination all year round, allowing you to make the most of the stunning natural beauty. Sao Vicente is situated on the island’s volcanic north coast, where caves and natural pools abound for the more adventurous explorer. Also on the north coast are numerous beautiful beaches where you can lie back, relax and listen to the waves of the Atlantic lap against the shore. What better place for a Madeira winter getaway than this year-round oasis of calm? Bliss.
- Madeira Winter Getaway: 7 Nights incl. Hotel, Breakfast and Flights only £179
- Travel dates: Saturday November 28th to Saturday December 5th 2015
- Length of stay: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 19°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 21°C
- Airport of departure: Edinburgh
- Alternative airports: Modify the search on EasyJet to see other airport options
- Airline: EasyJet
- Hotel: Estalagem do Vale Hotel
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 95 reviews
- Location: approx. 1 mile from town centre
- Destination: Madeira
- Meals: Includes buffet breakfast
- Airport transfer in Madeira: Not included, check your options here
- Rental car: Recommended, around £12 per day on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £179 per person based on 2 adults sharing