The south of Spain, especially Andalusia, is besides the metropolises Barcelona and Madrid one of the most popular holiday destinations on the mainland of Spain. Many interesting cities, wonderful beaches and a beautiful natural landscape make this region worth a visit. The restaurants offer you typical culinary highlights of the Spanish cuisine like fried anchovies and the hospitality of the Malagueños is well-known.
Sounds to me already like some good reasons to spend a holiday in this region, so I did my magic and I have found on expedia.co.uk a holiday to beautiful Malaga! Make the capital of the Costa del Sol your base for exploring the region of Andalusia and look forward to many exciting spots.
First things that come to my mind when thinking about Malaga is sun, beaches and art. The city is close to the most favoured beaches of the Costa del Sol. That’s mostly because of the stunning location between the sea and the mountains which offers you Spain’s best climate all over the year. But only a few destinations in Spain provide you as many cultural sights as the Costa del Sol.
Pablo Picasso was born in Malaga and of course you’re going to find a special place to honour his work. As you might know Picasso had seven different work periods, from the Blue Period to Cubism, and the Picasso Museum is one of the few museums that show the work from each of his work periods.
One of a kind is probably the Museo del Vidrio y Cristal- the museum of glass and crystal- that is housed in a marvellous 18th century palace.
There is even more to see and to do here in Malaga and the holiday package on Expedia takes you to the 3 star Hotel Posadas de España Málaga (75% on TripAdvisor). The hotel offers a big outdoor pool and is located in the Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía. Means that it is close to the airport of Malaga. It’s warmly recommended to rent a car for this trip to be more flexible during your holiday and to be able to explore as much as you want to. I checked the rates on carrentals.co.uk and the care hire costs only £8 per day.
And if you’re more the sophisticated holidaymaker then you’re going to enjoy the shopping possibilities in all sorts of shops, from shops of famous brand names to souvenir stores. The variety of shops can be compared with stores in Madrid and Barcelona :)
- Malaga Holiday: 7 Nights incl. Hotel and Flights for only £148
- Travel period: 08/10/2014 – 15/10/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 24°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 22°C
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 3 star Hotel Posadas de España Málaga
- Rating: 75% on TripAdvisor out of 78 reviews
- Location: approx. 10 mins drive from city centre, in the Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía. 15 mins from the beaches of Costa del Sol
- Destination: Malaga
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Malaga not included. Get the directions here but I recommend you to rent a car.
- Rental car: £8 per day on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £148 per person based on two adults sharing
FYI: If the link doesn’t forward you directly to the deal, please to do following step to get to the deal: on the left side on expedia.co.uk is a box called “filter results” , there you have to type in the name of the hotel Hotel Posadas de España Málaga. Then press on ‘Go’ and you should see the deal.
Click here for the Malaga Deal
Click here for Car Hire