Home of romance and drama Montenegro is a country like no other. Be sure to explore this Eastern Europe destination this summer.
4 or 7 nights Montenegro
Montenegro is often overshadowed by our more familiar destinations like Spain, Italy and Greece, but this country has it’s own varied culture and offers sights unseen elsewhere in Europe.
I have found this great offer from Travelbird for a holiday to Montenegro in Eastern Europe. This offer includes 4* Hotel, Flights and Breakfast starting from £199 per person. There is the option for either 4 or 7 nights stay, though prices and availability will vary.
Flights are from London Stanstead to Podgorica, and depart every Wednesday. Transfers are not included to be sure to check options here before you depart.
The hotel is the Queen of Montenegro. This hotel is a great way to experience Montenegro if it’s your first time as you’ll have everything you need. This hotel comes with private beach just 200 metres away, you can practically roll out of bed onto the beach – though I wouldn’t recommend this as you might get sand in your knickers! Another reason this is great for first timers, the hotel comes with a traditional Montenegrin Taverna the Oj-Ha so be sure to pull up a stool. No need to take my word for it, this hotel also comes with a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and 4/5 rating.
While in Montenegro I highly recommend a trip to the medieval town of Kotor. This hillside coastal town looks so engrained in the coastline it may as well have risen from the ground it stands in. Walking in Kotor is like a labyrinth with small alleyways lined with churches, shops, bars and tavernas. The city looks best at night so be sure to hang around for some spectacular views.
Getting around in Montenegro is best done by car, public transport is available but with restricted times hiring a car will give you much more freedom. Find your rental car here.
Do you remember your first time in Montenegro? Is this country on your travel bucket list?
- Montenegro: 4 or 7 nights 4* Hotel, Flights + Breakfast £199
- Travel dates: Options from May – October 2015. Departing every Wednesday
- Length of stay: 4 or 7 nights
- Average temp: Dependent on season
- Airport of departure: London Stanstead
- Hotel: Queen of Montenegro
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor from 301 reviews
- Location: 200m from private beach
- Destination: Montenegro
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer not included. Check options here.
- Rental car: Available from carrentals.co.uk
- Price: starting from just £199 per person based on 2 adults sharing