A fantastic offer for the whole family! If you want to treat your wee ones to something special, take a look at this deal from Travelbird.co.uk, that I have combined with a flight from bravofly.co.uk.
You are visiting the brilliant theme park called Movie Park in Germany. A fantastic opportunity to go on a short break with the whole family. I’ve been to this park so many times and it never gets boring… Included in the deal from Travelbird is 1 night at the 4-star Wyndham Garden Düsseldorf Mettmann Hotel (4/5 on Tripadvisor) in either a double, triple or family room for a max. of two adults and two kids. Now the example I have created here works for a family of four that means you can stay in the family room. I have also pretended that the kids in this example are between 4 and 16, so you get a 50% off, so the deal costs you in total £120 (excluded £9 booking fee). Even better if your kids are under 4 years of age, they actually go for free and the whole holiday gets even cheaper! But decide for yourself what your best option is. Of course you also get a two-day pass for all of you to the Movie Park. Since your flights lands early in the morning and leaves in the evening at 19:00 you can spend 2 full days for the little adventure.
Back to the Movie Park. It’s going to be so much fun for all of you. It has so many themes on offer that you really need two days to explore them all. There is for example Nickland where your kids, and maybe you, will recognize many characters from Nickelodeon’s world. There is also a whole area dedicated to the Wild West. Play gold digger and cowboy and see how good you are at lassoing. There you should definitely hop on the ride called Wild Wild West, it’s a brilliant roller-coaster built out of wood only and is without loopings. During the parade your kids get to meet all their favourite cartoon heroes, such as Sid from Ice Age, Spongebob, Dora the Explorer and many more. I’d also go see the stunt man show. A really amazing 30-minute performance where proper action stars show you how that dangerous business works behind the scenes. Explosions guaranteed! It’s on several times a day and of course for free! As a great ending to one of your days and something for the dare devils amongst you, try out the High Tower. A 60 metre free fall that is the ultimate thrill!
- Movie Park Germany: 2 Days incl. 4* Hotel, Breakfast, Park Entry and Flights for only £152
- Travel period: 06/08/2014 – 07/08/2014 (many other dates in June, July, August, September, October and November available)
- Travel duration: 2 full days
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Destination: Düsseldorf
- Airline: Ethiad
- Hotel: Wyndham Garden Dusseldorf Mettmann
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 2 reviews
- Hotel Location: Düsseldorf Mettmann
- Board basis: breakfast buffet
- Included: 2-Day Entry for Movie Park (Bottrop-Kirchhellen, 35 mins from the hotel by car)
- Airport transfer: train to Düsseldorf Main Station, bus to Zentrum S-Bahnhof, Mettmann, Day Group Pass for €20 (£16), 1 hr
- Rental car: on carrentals.co.uk
- Excluded: booking fee of £9
- Price: only £152 per person based on 2 adults and 2 kids (4-16 years) sharing