Dublin really is the place to be for your New Year’s Eve celebrations. Not only is it a short plane ride away so there’s no worries about getting there quickly, but the city is home to a huge open air concert every New Year’s Eve. If you’re looking for something to do for New Years Eve (and it’s never too early to plan), this should be really high up on your list.
Dive into Dublin
You’ll stay in the Jurys Inn Parnell Street, which is rated 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor so you know it’s a real crowd pleaser. Its location couldn’t be more central, as the hotel is just around the corner from O’Connell Street, Dublin’s main street. As you’re that close to everything, you have no excuse not to take in all the sights of the city while you’re here. Visit Trinity College Dublin and read the world famous Book of Kells. Take a stroll down Grafton Street and splash the cash. Go out to visit the Guinness Storehouse and learn how to pour the perfect pint.
For your evening meals, I can’t recommend Eddie Rockets higher. It’s a 50’s style American diner, and their burgers are simply to die for. Perfect cure for your hangover following New Year’s Eve in this vibrant city.
I found this awesome deal on Expedia, so be sure to book directly with them!
- Dublin: 5 Nights incl Hotel & Flights only £325pp
- Provider: Deal must be booked with Expedia
- Travel dates: 28 December 2017 – 2 January 2018
- Length of stay: 5 Nights
- Airport of departure: Birmingham
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Jurys Inn Parnell Street
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 3,392 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: city centre
- Destination: Dublin
- Meals: self catering
- Price: only £325 per person based on 2 adults sharing