How about a special city break to Poland, to be more accurate to Poznań? The city lies in the west of the country and has become very popular during the last years. Poznań is perfect for those of you who need a little break and are seeking for some culture, entertainment and fun of course :)
Travelbird.co.uk is currently offering a night for the 4-star City Solei Boutique Hotel (89% on TripAdvisor) which is the Travellers’ Choice 2014 Winner in the category bargain / small hotels. The hotel has won the award for good reasons because it’s not just an hotel with ordinary rooms: the rooms are individually designed after the atmosphere of special cities. There is for example a double room inspired by Honolulu or New York. The superior single rooms are themed in the design of Lancaster or Milan. Great fun making a city break to Poznań and experiencing the atmosphere of another city in your trendy room. Furthermore the hotel is directly in the heart Poznań and just a two minutes walk from the Old Town and 5 minutes to the Market Square.
The flight that I have looked up for you can be booked here on bravofly.co.uk for only £83 per person departing from London Luton but returning to London Stansted! Sorry for that, but therefore you will have good flight times. Your way to your hotel takes around 55 mins by public transports and costs you approximately just £3. The public transport system in and around Poznań is well-organised and very handy. Just read my description below for the public transportation. But if you prefer to take a taxi which would reach your hotel within 30 mins then beware of which taxi you take. I really recommend you to look for this taxi firm taxi.poznan.pl and to avoid taxis with small taxi signs on top. Not all of them, but most of them don’t belong to a reputable firm and will make you pay more than usual. The taxi firm that I mentioned is known to offer fair prices.
So look forward to this interesting city break that offers you outstanding architectural beauty, museums and a bustling nightlife. The city is full of bars and pubs and there’s really no excuse not having a great time all night long. At eleven o’clock the people are just warming up. And if you’re feeling a little naughty then try a ‘mad dog’ (Polish name is ‘wściekły pies’)… but please beware, it may be the last drink for you at that night :)
- Poland City Break: 2 Days incl. excellent 4* Hotel and Flights for only £117
- Travel period: 16/05/2014 – 17/05/2014
- Travel duration: 2 days
- Validity: bookable until 13/06/2014
- Airport of departure: London Luton. Please note that your arrival will be in London Stansted NOT London Luton.
- Airline: Wizzair and Ryanair
- Hotel: 4-star City Solei Boutique Hotel
- Rating: 89% on TripAdvisor out of 77 reviews + Travellers’ Choice 2014 Winner
- Hotel location: directly in the city centre
- Destination: Poznań / Poland
- Board basis: self catering
- Price on travelbird.co.uk includes following services: Welcome drink on arrival, Late check-out until 15:00, free WiFi
- Airport transfer in Poznań not included. Take the bus line 59 from the airport to Rondo Kaponiera (£1), then walk to the train station Poznan Gl. to Poznan Gabary (£2). From here it’s a walk of a mile to the hotel (about an hour travel time). Easiest way is the taxi for approx. £6 (€7 / 29 min), but be sure to drive with a taxi firm like for example Taxi Poznan. Here’s the link to the homepage: taxi.poznan.pl
- Price: only £117 per person