If you’re looking for a little getaway to somewhere really special, I strongly recommend the cute town of Grenoble in the famous Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. Situated at the foot the Alps, this peaceful town is the perfect base for an avid ski couple or culture vultures!
Romantic Grenoble Escape
This is a 3-night weekend city break that I’ve put together using Expedia, featuring a delightful hotel in the heart of Grenoble, close to major points of interest. You’ll be staying in your own private room with a balcony, perfect for soaking up city views. Royal Hôtel Grenoble Centre has excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, so rest assured you will have a wonderful stay! If the sun is shining, I recommend a romantic stroll to Jardin des Dauphins – a gorgeous park and gardens, ideal for a picnic or whiling the day away with your partner!
The hotel is in a great location for you to visit La Bastille – an ancient fortress which offers a sublime vista across the breathtaking landscape all around thanks to its elevated position. Why not take a ride through the town in the air with the cable car. The bubble pods offer a fantastic vantage point from which to admire the Isere River and the famously beautiful Alpine landscape. On a day with good visibility, you will be able to see the tip of Mont Blanc! I’m sure you won’t forget this spectacular airborne adventure!
If this sounds like your cup of tea, just click any of the links to book! :)
- Romantic Grenoble Escape: 3 Nights Stay in Lovely Hotel with Return Flights from Gatwick only £115
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 01/02/2019 – 04/02/2019
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Gatwick
- Destination airport: Saint-Exupery (LYS)
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Royal Hôtel Grenoble Centre
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: city centre
- Meals: room only
- Airport transfer: not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Travel insurance: Compare prices here
- Price only £115 per person based on two adults sharing