If you’re just craving a few days away from all of the hustle and bustle of your daily routine, why not treat yourselves to a few days in the beautiful German countryside?
Romantic Retreat in Germany
Situated just a short drive east of Cologne, Bad Berleburg is a delightful little town that’s just bursting with rural charm. The old houses, beautiful hills and peaceful atmosphere make it the perfect destination for a little bit of proper downtime to recharge your batteries.
I spotted a lovely little holiday package over at Expedia for a 2-night stay at the plush Hotel Alte Schule with breakfast included. The property is situated in a former schoolhouse, and the original features of the building gives it a super rustic atmosphere! The package comes with your flights to Cologne-Bonn airport, but I’ve also included a great deal for car rental – it’s an easy drive from Cologne and it also lets you explore the surrounding region a lot more easily. The landscapes here are absolutely stunning so it’s perfect for a little road trip!
Lovers of the outdoors will get their fix thanks to the many hiking trails that criss-cross their way through the region. I’d definitely recommend checking out the so-called Rothaarsteig, where you’ll even come across herds of wild buffalo roaming!
To book this deal, simply click the link to be taken to the providers’ websites where you can book the package and the best deal for car rental. :)
- Romantic Retreat in Germany: 2 Nights in Beautiful Country Hotel incl. Breakfast, Return Flights & Rental Car only £175
- Provider: Expedia + Skyscanner
- Travel period: 05/11/2018 – 07/11/2018
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Cologne-Bonn
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Alte Schule
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Bad Berleburg, Germany (close to Cologne)
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Get it here!
- Price only £175 per person based on two adults sharing