Rome is well known for it’s history, culture and of course it’s food. It’s been the top of our lists for city breaks for years now… but did you know it’s also a great location for camping?
Camping in Rome
Thanks to ebookers.com I have found a new deal for couples looking to get away camping in one of Europe’s most loved cities. This flight and accommodation package for two is for 6 nights staying at the Fabulous Camping Village in Rome for just £131 per person.
The Fabulous Camping Village is a 4* campsite situated just half an hour outside the city centre. With a restaurant on site and an outdoor pool this campsite earned 4/5 on TripAdvisor and is described as a great base for visiting the city of Rome. They also offer tours directly from the site to Rome, Naples and Pompei. This site is great for people who want everything, from the city to the beach the location is easy to reach.
The flights in this package are from London Stanstead, though Gatwick is also available for extra. There are no transfers included in this package, and while you can reach the site by train for around £2, I would recommend a car rental to give you easier access to the city. The site also offers free parking so is accessible for cars.
As well as everything that Rome has to offer, such as the Colosseum, Pantheon and Sistine Chapel, there are also nearby nature reserves and parks.
This package is a great way to experience this beautiful city in a way you would never have imagined before. Don’t be confined to the city and book this campsite today.
- Rome Camping: 6 nights Camping Village + Flights £131
- Travel dates: 7th May – 13th May 2015
- Length of stay: 6 nights
- Airport of departure: London Stanstead
- Alternative airports: London Gatwick (prices will vary)
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Fabulous Camping Village
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 379 reviews
- Location: 30mins from city centre
- Destination: Rome
- Airport transfer not included. Check our transfers here
- Rental car: prices from £14 per day on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £131 per person based on 2 adults sharing