Rome, the most famous city in Italy. It’s the ideal location for a weekend city break; it’s romantic, it’s historical and it’s a really interesting place to explore. This is the perfect opportunity for you to discover one of Europe’s best cities.
You will be staying in the Hotel des Artistes, which is located perfectly for you to discover the rest of the city. Whilst staying here you will be given breakfast on each morning, which means that you can relax and not have to get up early to try and find somewhere else to eat. This hotel has received a TripAdvisor rating of 4/5 as well as a Certificate of Excellence for 2014.
This hotel also has a rooftop terrace where you can relax with a glass of Italian wine. Even though it won’t be very warm at all, the view is absolutely beautiful and definitely makes braving the colder elements worthwhile.
Whilst you’re in Rome there is plenty to keep you occupied. There’s the Colosseum, which is only 3 stops away on the metro from your hotel. I love the Colosseum, it’s actually my favourite place to go and see. The Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps are also only a few minutes away on the metro. The metro is definitely the easiest and quickest way for you to get around.
This trip is available to you in two parts. The first part is your hotel, which is available on hotels.com for only £33.50 per person for the 2 night stay. Your flights are the more expensive part of this deal and are available on expedia.co.uk for just £48 per person. This brings the total cost of your trip up to £82 per person. If you wanted to travel on your own, you would only have to pay £134 in total for the 2 night stay and your flights, meaning that this trip stays pretty affordable anyway!
This deal is the perfect excuse for you to escape for the weekend. Whether you go with a friend, a partner or on your own, it’s the opportunity for you to discover a new city and learn more about its amazing history.
- Rome: 2 Nights incl. Hotel, Flights & Breakfast only £82
- Travel dates: 16/01/2015 – 18/01/2015
- Travel duration: 2 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 3* Hotel des Artistes
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 757 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: central Rome
- Destination: Rome, Italy
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer in Rome not included (to see how to get there click here)
- Additional fee: tax that is imposed by the city, €4 per person and per night
- Price: only £82 per person based on 2 adults sharing