Probably one of the most family-friendly regions of Spain is Salou! This destination offers you and your family everything to have a memorable and entertaining holiday. Salou is well-known for its beaches along the over 8 miles long coastline. Here you’ll be able to find stunning hidden coves and some of them are sheltered by cliffs and pine forests. It’s a peaceful area far away from the hustle and bustle.
The Levante Beach and Ponent Beach are outstanding clean beaches and perfect for your family to spend a great time on the beach. But maybe you prefer to take your kids away to one of the most entertaining and biggest adventure park in Europe… Port Aventura! The park has become one of the leading tourist resorts in Europe and boasts six different thematic areas. It’s so huge with over 30 rides, numerous daily shows, 75 restaurants and over 20 gift and handicraft shops that you’re certainly going to need more than just one day to explore it :)
1 week in Salou close to Port Aventura
And I found you a deal to Salou here on expedia.co.uk which takes you real close to the Port Aventura and to many other sights: stay 7 nights at the 4-star Sol Costa Daurada (68% on TripAdvisor) with flights from Glasgow Prestwick, breakfast and spa access for only £161 per person based on two adults and two children sharing! If you just need to book for one child then feel free to change the details yourself and the price is then £183 per person for three.
There is also the option to upgrade this holiday to half board for only £167 per person, but you would lose the free gym, jacuzzi and spa pool access. So I’ll leave it to you what you prefer, because both options are splendid :)
The hotel Sol Costa Daurada has an average rating on TripAdvisor, but most of the latest reviews praise the family-friendly atmosphere and of course it’s proximity to Port Aventura. Besides this ideal location, which is also close to the Aquopolis water park, hiking and quad excursions, the hotel runs a spa with an indoor swimming pool, a gym, sauna and jacuzzi. The complex has also 2 outdoor pools framed by sun terraces.
For all the foodies amongst you try out the selection of Mediterranean dishes at the buffet restaurant or explore the surroundings and try out some seafood. The region is famous for fresh and tasty seafood, so don’t miss this chance to dine delicious and fresh fish :)
I have also checked the easiest way for you to reach the hotel from the airport Barcelona: you just need to hop on the train and after 2hrs 15 you’re already at your hotel for a cost of £11 each way. If you like to be more flexible and which turns out to be the most cheapest way is to rent a car. The prices start from only £7 per day!
If you need more info about Port Aventura and how to purchase the tickets just click here to read more info about it. Wish you and your family an amazing holiday together! :)
- Salou Family Holiday: 7 Nights incl. 4* Hotel, Breakfast, Spa Access and Flights only £161
- Travel period: 30/09/2014 – 07/10/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 28°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 23°C
- Airport of departure: Glasgow Prestwick
- Airline: Ryanair (hand luggage included. Checked bag for an extra of £15 – £45 per bag)
- Hotel: 4-star Sol Costa Daurada
- Rating: 68% on TripAdvisor out of 1.055 reviews
- Location: Terragona, 700 metres from Port Aventura, close to Levante and Ponent Beach
- Destination: Salou Spain
- Board basis: breakfast
- Price includes: free gym, jacuzzi and spa pool
- Airport transfer in Spain not included. By train 2hrs 15 mins, £11 each way, pp
- Rental car: £7 per day on carrentals.co.uk
- Tickets for Port Aventura: here on attractiontix.co.uk
- Price: only £161 per person based on two adults sharing