Set near the East Alps, the Austrian city of Salzburg is a stunner. With a gorgeous view of the snow-capped mountains behind and a fantastic Old Town, it’s no wonder why this city is so popular during the winter! For the perfect festive holiday, I found this Salzburg Christmas market break on Expedia.
Salzburg Christmas Market Break
You’ll get the 4-star treatment at the Hotel Imlauer & Brau. You will be close to the city’s sights like the Congress Centre, Mirabel Palace and Gardens and Mozart’s Birthplace. This well-rated hotel has a great location, comfortable rooms and friendly service, according to previous guests.
The end of November marks the arrival of advent and the city really gets into the festive spirit. You’ll be just in time for the radiant Salzburg Christmas market in Cathedral Square. With choir singing, traditional music and performance art, you’ll really feel the Christmas cheer as you shop for handmade gifts. Walking through Salzburg’s Altstadt takes you back 250 years in Mozart’s time. This World Heritage Site has an ensemble of Baroque and medieval buildings, narrow streets and ancient monasteries. Stop into a restaurant for some schnitzel and a beer!
Book this deal by following the links below! :)
- Salzburg Christmas Market Break: 3 Nights in 4* Hotel Incl. Flights just £145
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 25/11/2018 – 28/11/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London STN
- Destination airport: Salzburg Airport SZG
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Imlauer & Brau
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Salzburg, Austria
- Meals: Room-only basis
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £145 per person based on two adults sharing