If you love Christmas as much as I do, this 2-night getaway is a great chance to escape at the beginning of December to an enchanting city! Combine this city break with the chance to explore the world-famous Christmas markets of Salzburg! I put this amazing deal together using Airbnb & Skyscanner.
Salzburg December Solo Break
You can look forward to a delightful stay at Villa 1902 which gives you great options to hit up the main city but also spend a day doing a hiking trail! Your Airbnb is situated at the base of the Gaisberg mountain in one of the most beautiful residential areas of Salzburg. If you love that warm, cosy feeling of antique houses, this is perfect for you, settle down in the evenings with a hot chocolate in this 110-year-old villa!
The fantastic location means you can be in the historic quarter within 15mins via public transport and when you’re in the heart of the city, I recommend visiting Mirabell Palace and Mozart’s Birthplace.
For this Christmas markets break you’ll be able to experience the legendary Christkindlmarkt in Salzburg. The Christmas market is sure to get you in a festive mood no matter what! It’s also your chance to get stuck into some Austrian specialities too! You’ll be greeted by the smell of mulled wine, freshly baked goods and plenty of handmade trinkets that will make excellent gifts. There are around 100 stands and there are plenty of events going on like carol singing and guided tours.
So what are you waiting for? Book yourself some peace and quiet before the big day! :)
- Salzburg December Solo Break: 2 Nights in Excellent, Centrally Located Airbnb incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only £115
- Provider: Airbnb & Skyscanner
- Travel period: 01/12/2018 – 03/12/2018
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Departure airport: Stansted
- Destination airport: Salzburg
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: VILLA 1902
- Score: 4.5/5 on Airbnb
- Location: 1 mile from city centre
- Meals: Breakfast
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Travel insurance: Compare prices here
- Price only £115 per person