In the middle of the Aegean Sea lies the beautiful island of Santorini, which belongs to the Cyclades. The region is famous because of the typically white houses with its blue roofs that you can see on almost every postcard of Greece. Santorini is a symbol for the beauty of the country and that’s for a good reason: it is one of the most stunning islands in Europe, especially because of its astonishing crater landscape. The walls of the craters are almost vertically shaped and you will have a breathtaking view over the deep blue sea of the Caldera. Words a poor to describe the beauty of Santorini … good that I have found this long holiday package on thomson.co.uk for only £311 per person based on 2 people sharing, so that you will be able to convince yourself :)
You start from London Gatwick and jet off to Santorini where you will be picked up by the coach transfer that is included. It takes you to the great 2 star Marianna Hotel (82% on TripAdvisor) where you will stay 14 nights with breakfast. The hotel is set against an impressive mountain backdrop and it’s only 350 metres downhill to the beach. Find relaxation and peace at the hotel’s lush outdoor pool and indulge the wonderful atmosphere with the views over the sea and Perissa. The resort centre of Perissa is only 400 metres away and here is the place where you will find supermarkets, restaurants and bars.
This holiday is a perfect choice if you want to stay in a peaceful place and still want to explore a lot on your own. Your evening entertainment is save with the several bars in Perissa where you can dance and just enjoy a typical Greek meal. Many interesting spots are close to your location and I suggest you to visit for example the Minoan excavations at Akrotiri and get enchanted by the magic of this historical place. Alternatively you could take a boat trip to Kamari. Kamari is another beautiful beach resort in Santorini with many water sports activities and another many bars and restaurants to spend your 14 nights here in Greece.
- Santorini Holiday Package: 14 Nights incl. great Hotel, Breakfast, Flights and Transfer for only £311
- Travel period: 27/05/2014 – 10/06/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 23°C – 36°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 22°C
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: 2 star Marianna Hotel
- Rating: 82% on TripAdvisor out of 135 reviews
- Location: approx. 350 metres to the beach, 400 metres to the resort centre
- Destination: Santorini / Greece
- Board basis: breakfast
- Airport transfer in Santorini: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Price: only £311 per person based on two adults sharing
Short note: When I was searching for the deal and clicked ‘continue’, one of the sites displayed a price of £3120 per person by mistake. If this happens to you, don’t be surprised and click again on ‘continue’. The next step displays the correct pricing.
Click here for the Santorini Deal