Santorini, officially known as Thira, is without a doubt one of the most picturesque islands of the Cyclades. Its present form is due to one of the most violent volcanic eruptions that history has ever seen. This event is not only reflected in the form of the island, but also through the black sand that the beaches have and dark cliffs that plunge into the sea: all a stunning contrast to the bright white and blue houses that are so typical of the island.
Holiday in Santorini
With this deal you’ll be staying in the Stavros Villa, which has received an excellent TripAdvisor rating of 4.5/5 as well as being awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. You’ll be staying here on a self-catering basis, which I think works better because it means you don’t have to wait for certain times or anything like that!
Whilst you’re in Santorini, you’ll be staying close Fira and to the beaches… so you’ll be able to take in plenty of the stunning coastline that Santorini has to offer very very easily. If you fancied doing a bit of exploring as well, then I have some recommendations for you. I would really suggest going on the Hiking Trail Fira – Oia. Hiking doesn’t sound particularly appealing when you’re meant to be spending a few days relaxing, but I can promise you that the views are absolutely breathtaking. It’s where most of the photos you’ll have seen of Santorini are found.
Santorini also has a volcano! It’s the whole reason that Santorini is the way it is, so it’s definitely worth having a look. You normally have to pay for a group tour here, so that a guide can show you safely around, but it’s absolutely stunning and you get some more amazing views of the island.
This is a great way for you to escape for a week in April 2018 and just spend some time with somebody you actually like the company of.. and make the most of the beautiful island.
- Santorini Holiday for 2018: 4 Nights incl. Excellent Hotel & Flights £209pp
- Provider: You must book this deal with Loveholidays
- Travel dates: 16 – 20 April 2018
- Travel duration: 4 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: easyJet
- Hotel: Stavros Villas
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 187 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Katererados on the outskirts of Fira, close to bus station for sightseeing and beaches
- Destination: Fira, Santorini
- Meals: self-catering
- Airport transfer in Santorini not included.
- Hand luggage only included.
- Price: only £209 per person based on 2 adults sharing