Thinking of planning ahead a fantastic ski holiday? It’s not too early, ’cause I found this super offer on Travelbird.co.uk which takes you to the Alps in Bavaria, Germany! Flights I also added, which you can book on bravofly.co.uk, so get ready for the whole package for only £579! that is great value, also if you consider that a ski pass for a day alone costs around £80 (€100) normally…
Fly from London Gatwick to Munich and via two trains you get to your wonderful hotel at Schliersee, at the foot of the Alps. Stay at the 4 star hotel AlpenClub Schliersee which was awarded with a Certificate of Excellence and rated with 88% on TripAdvisor . The option I choose on Travelbird includes 7 nights at this hotel with half board and the use of the spa and wellness facilities.
On top of this you get free transport to and from the ski lifts and of course the ski passes for the whole week as well. You basically just need to pay for your lunch when you go on this holiday. But you can keep it cheap and buy snacks from the supermarket to bring it with you on the slopes :) That’s how the Guru does it, because the cafes and restaurants up there can be quite pricey. So, all is taken care of!
Skiing on the Slopes of the Alps
Look forward to pushing your limits on the slopes on your skiers, or try out snowboarding. Simply sleigh riding is great fun too though! You will be able to get your full snow experience. Take part in guided torchlight hikes, or enjoy a nice “drive” through the picturesque woods or maybe cross-country skiing is something for you. Of course you also have to treat yourself to a hot mulled wine after a long day on the slopes, my favourite and cosiest part of the day :) Whatever you have in mind for your perfect snowy holiday, the possibilities are endless.
The area around Schliersee is definitely worth exploring, too. Visit Munich or Salzburg in Austria and the famous “Cinderella”-Castle Schloss Neuschwanstein are all within a short driving distance. Also make sure to take a cable car up to the highest mountain of the country, the Zugspitze, from where you are promised to have stunning views across the mountains.
So next February I see you then skiing in the Alps!
- Ski Holiday in Bavaria: 7 Nights incl. 4* Hotel, Half Board, Ski Pass and Flights for only £579
- Travel period: 01/02/2015 – 08/02/2015
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Destination: Munich (F.J. Strauss)
- Airline: easyJet
- Hotel: AlpenClub Schliersee
- Rating: 88% on TripAdvisor out of 173 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Schliersee, Bavaria, Germany
- Meals: Half Board
- Included: Ski Pass for whole stay, free use of transport to/from the lifts, free use of spa,
- Airport transfer: train to München Donnersbergerbrücke, train to Schliersee (£23, 1hr 45mins)
- Price: only £579 per person based on two adults sharing