I always love exploring places that tend to be off the beaten path. The Slovenian lakes and Alps are definitely just that. The incredible natural beauty of this region will really take your breath away – pretty much heaven on earth for anyone who loves the great outdoors!
Slovenian Lakes Getaway
This Expedia deal I spotted will see you spend 3 nights at the superb Hotel Gasperin in the town of Ribcev Lav. The town is situated in a gorgeous mountain valley, and you’re just a short onward hop from Lake Bohinj. The hotel has received perfect reviews and was even awarded the prestigious Travellers’ Choice Award over at Tripadvisor, so this is a seriously good place to be!
Close to the hotel is the peak of Mount Peč, so really you don’t have far to go if you want to scope out some incredible vistas and panoramas of the region. And another must-see is Lake Bled of course! Famous for the monastery perched on a small island, the views are like something out of a fairy tale. Of course I’d definitely recommend hiring a car as the region is very rural, but the roads offer some of the most scenic drives you’ll ever see!
To book this deal, simply click the link to be taken to the holiday package over at Expedia’s website. :)
- Slovenian Lakes Getaway: 3 Nights in Superb Hotel incl. Breakfast & Return Flights only £151pp
- Provider: Expedia
- Travel period: 18/10/2018 – 21/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London Luton
- Destination airport: Ljubljana
- Airline: Wizzair
- Hotel: Hotel Gasperin
- Score: 5/5 on TripAdvisor + Travellers’ Choice Award
- Location: Lake Bohinj, Slovenia
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £151 per person based on two adults sharing