Since my office is actually based in the west of Germany, I’ve spent a lot of time in Cologne and I really have a proper soft spot for this place. Chilling out here is lovely and there’s just so much to see and do, whether that’s shopping, dining, enjoying a few drinks, or simply enjoying the sunshine by the river!
Solo City Break to Cologne
I’ve put this deal together using Hotels.com and my Flight Finder tool for a last-minute 3-night break this November. As well as flights from London Stansted you’ll have two nights at the fabulous Wohngemeinschaft Hostel. This place is a serious bit of eye candy! There’s some seriously quirky interior design going on, and there’s a wonderful bar on-site as well. You’re in a super cool bit of town named the Belgian Quarter, which is situated just outside the historic Old Town. You’ve got more bars, restaurants and hip boutiques than you can shake a stick at and it’s a great area to really get an authentic feel for the city.
The historic Altstadt (Old Town) is a little more touristy, but the architecture is so cute that you won’t mind putting up with a few more crowds! You’ll also find loads of shopping and nightlife opportunities as well. Do like the locals do and grab a can of the local Kölsch beer and chill out on the grass by the river – the view of the old Hohenzollern bridge is wonderful. And let’s not forget the cathedral of course. The size of it is truly staggering and it’s well worth poking your head inside to have a look.
To book this deal, simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. If you’d like to opt for a single room, simply scroll down a bit more on Hotel.com’s website and you’ll find the option for it there. It would come to £151! :)
- Solo City Break to Cologne: 3 Nights in Trendy Design Hostel incl. Return Flights only £80 (Single Room: £151)
- Provider: Hotels.com + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 19/11/2018 – 22/11/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Cologne-Bonn Airport
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Die Wohngemeinschaft Hostel
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Belgian Quarter, Cologne
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £80