The Eternal City is famed the world over for its wealth of beautiful architecture, awesome sights and mouthwatering cuisine. As a solo traveller it’s easily one of the best city breaks you can do – plenty to keep you occupied, yet if you want a break from all the sightseeing you’ve plenty of opportunity to chill out in a little piazza, enjoy a nice evening meal and watch the world go on by…!
Solo City Break to Rome
I’ve spotted some brilliant offers to Rome over at Travelsupermarket for next spring – definitely something to look forward to as we go into the new year! As well as return flights, you’ve also got your stay at the Alexis Hotel. The decor may be basic, but the brilliant location right in the centre of the city more than makes up for it. Termini Station is just around the corner, and with the metro links at your doorstep you can easily whizz around the city with ease.
From the Colosseum and the Roman Forum to the Pantheon, the city’s long and rich history means that you’ve endless opportunities for sightseeing and learning. Foodies should definitely check out the neighbourhood of Trastevere, where you’ll find loads of little restaurants and trattoria tucked away in cute cobbled stairs!
I’ve found loads of dates in spring next year, so I’ve just gone ahead and listed a few that I found below. Simply adjust the dates and departure airport to suit your fancy!
Departures from London
- Solo City Break to Rome: 3 Nights in Central Accommodation incl. Breakfast & Return Flights from just £144
- Provider: Travelsupermarket
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport:
- Destination airport: Rome Ciampino
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Alexis
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Central Rome
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Travel insurance: Compare prices here
- Price from only £144