Looking to inject a bit of culture into your life, I recommend the city of Basel. This city is an exciting blend of Swiss, German and French heritage. With endless galleries and museums, a beautiful old town and an industrial edge, this city is perfect for a solo trip! I found this solo Switzerland break using Airbnb and my Flight Finder tool.
Solo Switzerland Break
You will be staying at a highly-rated, serviced flat in Basel. The apartment is three minutes from Basel’s central station where you can arrive in the city centre in no time. You can also walk to the city centre in around 30 minutes. Previous guests loved this flat’s location, cleanliness and communication with Joe, the host.
With its unique position straddling the borders of France and Germany, this city is truly multi-cultural! After all, the world-famous Art Basel takes place here every June! As a solo traveller, you’ll love exploring the wealth of galleries here. Start off at the Basel Exhibition Centre, then check out the fascinating Vitra Design Museum. Take a cruise on the River Rhine to bask in the picturesque Swiss scenery. Next, hit the Old Town to see the city’s wonderfully-preserved cobblestone streets and medieval homes.
To book this great solo trip, just follow the links below!
- Solo Switzerland Break: 3 Nights in Central Basel Airbnb Incl. Flights just £137
- Provider: Airbnb and Kayak
- Travel period: 14/09/2018 – 17/09/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London STN
- Destination airport: Basel BSL
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Airbnb
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb and a Superhost rating
- Location: Basel, Switzerland
- Meals: Self-catering basis, breakfast optional
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £137