Are you looking for a Solo Traveller Holiday without getting nailed for 100% supplement on your hotel room? Then this holiday to Granada might come in handy, because I have found a great hotel deal that offers a fair rate and you would be staying within the Alhambra Palace! So check out the details below and look forward to the ideal Solo Traveller holiday.
Solo Traveller Holiday Granada: Stay within the Alhambra Palace
Granada is an incredibly beautiful city which attracts its visitors with some of the most breathtaking sights of Spain. Visit the marvellous Granada Cathedral for example and while you are enjoying some tapas in the city soak up the lively atmosphere.
One of the most impressive highlights is probably the Alhambra Palace. The building and grounds are extraordinary and that’s exactly where you are going to stay… well at least at the citadel which is within the palace :)
You will spend your time at the Hotel América which has an unbeatable location and price! The hotel has a rating of 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor, but the latest reviews of the hotel are very good. So just keep in mind that you will spend your nights on the grounds of a palace… sounds amazing right? :)
The Alhambra palace is nestled on top of the hill of Al-Sabika and overlooks the River Darro. Indulge marvellous views from top of the hill and get enchanted by the history of this place. Take some leisurely strolls over the grounds and spend some time at the ‘water-garden courtyard’. It is a large pond surrounded by flowerbeds and fountains.
By the way: did you know that “Alhambra” means “red”? The palace has been named after the colour of its walls :)
I’m sure that you are curious now how to get there and I would not be your favourite Holidayguru, if I would not explain you how to book this amazing Solo Traveller Holiday :) Here we go:
I have found the hotel deal for Hotel América on travelbird.co.uk where you will be able to choose between different options. You are free to stay between one up to eight nights and the deal includes your stay at the hotel plus a welcome drink and breakfast each morning. The price start from £25 per night, depending on your travel dates and your room option. You can choose between single rooms, double rooms or triple rooms, so this is not only the perfect Solo Traveller Holiday, but also a great couple or group holiday.
My example Solo Traveller Holiday includes your hotel stay on 18th October until 20th October 2015 (2 nights) and cheap flights that I have found through easyjet.com. You are free to amend all details and find different flight on different dates.
Granada Airport is only a 25 minutes drive from your hotel, but flights to this airport are very expensive. Therefore I would recommend to choose flights to Malaga Airport instead (my example flights are to Malaga airport). The airport is around one and a half hours away, so renting a car is a good option to even out the distance.
- Solo Traveller Holiday Granada: 2 Nights incl. Hotel & Flights only £170
- Travel dates: 18th October – 20th October
- Length of stay: 2 nights (options from 1 – 8 nights available!)
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- alternative airports: find more cheap flights from your favourite airport.
- Cheap flights from Bristol, Nottingham, Manchester, Bournemouth, Birmingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more available
- Airline: easyJet
- Destination Airport: Malaga (alternative airport Granada, but flights are more expensive)
- Hotel: Hotel América
- Rating: 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 206 reviews
- Location: inside the citadel of Alhambra
- Destination: Granada / Spain
- Meals: breakfast
- Extras: Welcome Drink and Late Check-Out (subject to availability)
- Airport transfers from Malaga not included. By bus around £21 each way, 3 hrs. By car only 1hrs 30 min.
- Rental car: on carrentals.co.uk
- Options: 1-8 nights, single rooms, double rooms and triple rooms available
- Price: only £170 per person
Book the Hotel Deal
Hotel price for 2 nights is £82 for a solo traveller holiday.