Puerto de Santiago has been a former fishing village and lies on the west coast of Tenerife. It turned into a bigger tourist resort and has an own black sandy beach which is typical for the area here. Nestled between the interesting towns Los Gigantes and Playa la Arena you will have plenty things to do on your holiday. So why not doing a little day trip to Los Gigantes where you can pick from one of the watersports offers or go diving. And when you’re back in Puerto de Santiago meander through the Avenida Maritima. This is a shopping and entertainment mile where you’ll find many bars, shops and restaurants.
With the holiday package on thomascook.com you get 9 nights incl. the 3-star Tamaimo Tropical (51% on TripAdvisor) and flights from Aberdeen for only £149 per person.I know the rating of the hotel is not the best, so don’t expect too much. Most of the complaints are about the noise depending on which room you get, but rooms near the pool are quiet at night. And many negative reviews are about the food, so guess that self catering is a good choice for this holiday :) There are two bars and a disco nearby so I recommend this holiday for those of you who welcome that atmosphere :) The location of the hotel is really good, because you’re just 150 metres away from the nearest shopping centre a only a mile from Los Gigantes beach.
The cheapest and easiest way to your hotel is by renting a car. On carrentals.co.uk you have the chance to book a car for only around £6 per day and you would be very flexible during your holiday. It takes a little more than 1 hour to drive to the hotel, but the taxi is quite expensive with £90 and public transports take around 3 hours and cost around £35. See my description below if you rather choose to go by public transports.
- Tenerife: 9 Nights incl. Hotel and Flights for only £149
- Travel period: 25/04/2014 – 04/05/2014
- Travel duration: 9 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 23°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 18°C
- Airport of departure: Aberdeen
- Airline: Thomas Cook Airline
- Hotel: 3-star Tamaimo Tropical
- Rating: 51% on TripAdvisor out of 1.321 reviews
- Location: less than a mile to Los Gigantes beach, 150 m to the shopping centre
- Destination: Puerto de Santiago / Tenerife
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Tenerife: not included
- Rental car: £6 per day on carrentals.co.uk
- Getting to the hotel by public transports: Take the bus line 102 to Intercambiador S/C (£3), then head to P. Americas (£7). From here take a taxi to your hotel (£25).
- Price: only £149 per person based on two adults sharing
FYI: Sometimes the link to Thomas Cook doesn’t work on the first click, because the provider has troubles with direct links. Simply click twice on the link.
Click here (twice) for the Tenerife Deal