When it comes to cit breaks, you might think you’ve been to all the cities worth visiting and have seen all there is to be seen. Well, don’t write off the mountain-side city of Plovdiv. I found this cheap and cheerful traditional Bulgaria getaway using Hotels and Skyscanner.
Traditional Bulgaria Getaway
This deal includes a stay in the central Bright House apartments. These comfy apartments have all the mod-cons you need during your stay as well as a rooftop terrace, and massage room. Even better, there’s a shuttle service to take you to and from the airport! Previous guests at the Bright House rated this complex highly for its location and welcoming staff.
You’d be forgiven for never having heard of Plovdiv before – the name doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue! However, this cool Bulgarian city is perfect for your next break to the Balkans. Besides sitting beside the beautiful Rhodope mountains, this city is teeming with Roman history and architecture. It’s postcard perfect! You can catch a really good show at the Roman Theatre, or get lost in the “The Trap”, the city’s Bohemian Quarter. Head to city’s hills in the evening to watch the sunset with a beer. Bulgarians like to party but embody the concept of Aylak, the state of being supremely relaxed.
There’s so much to do in Plovdiv, so follow the links below to get booking!
- Traditional Bulgaria Getaway: 3 Nights in Central Apartment Incl. Return Flights just £118
- Provider: Hotels and Kayak
- Travel period: 09/11/2018 – 12/11/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London STN
- Destination airport: Plovdiv Airport
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Bright House
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: ca. Miles from city centre
- Meals: Self-catering basis
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £118 per person based on two adults sharing