Looking for some dolce vita? Head to the beautiful region of Liguria! With this traditional Genoa break that I found with Trivago and my Flight Finder tool, you’ll feel at home in one of Italy’s most historic cities.
Traditional Genoa Break
During your time in “La Superba”, you will be staying in the central Il Ciottolo guesthouse. This traditional-style B&B will offer a homely atmosphere in a 19th-century building (with a lift). You will be a ten-minute walk from the city centre and the famous Acquario di Genova Aquarium is 15 minutes by foot.
Genoa is Italy’s largest seaport. Its extensive old city boasts an architectural heritage that dates back to the 12th century. I personally loved getting lost in the narrow streets of the Medieval Quarter. Sandwiched between the Mediterranean Sea and Ligurian hills, you’ll plenty of gems to appreciate during your time here. You’ll find the Unesco-listed Palazzi dei Rolli, Musei di Strada Nuova and San Lorenzo Cathedral. This city is also home to Europe’s largest Aquarium! Hop on a train and visit the pastel-coloured fishing village of Boccadasse and have a drink by the sea.
There’s plenty to get up to in Genoa, so book now by following the links below!
- Traditional Genoa Break: 3 Nights in Great Guesthouse Incl. Flights just £112
- Provider: Trivago and Kayak
- Travel period: 10/11/2018 – 13/11/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London STN
- Destination airport: Genoa GOA
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Il Ciottolo
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Genoa, Italy
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £112 per person based on two adults sharing