Transylvania is a largely undiscovered mystery to most of us. Home to Dracula’s castle (yes it’s real) and so much more, this is your chance to discover exactly what it is about as you travel along the stunning and breathtaking route.
You will be travelling around a fair bit for this holiday. You will begin by flying into Sibiu where you will be collected! Here you will spend a night in the Casa Luxemburg, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 81%. Upon arrival you can choose between a welcome drink of coffee or wine. After this I would definitely recommend you explore the centre of Sibiu a little bit, it has some amazing architecture dating back to the Gothic period! You will also be given breakfast the following morning!
The following day you’ll be taken to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sighisoara. This is a really cool area, which has loads of medieval features and a 16th century clock tower. It’s really good for photos, do remember to wrap up warm though; you’re definitely not in the warmest place in the world.
You’ll also get a chance to see Brasov, where you will be spending your second night. This is my favourite part of the trip because it’s completely surrounded by mountains and has some really breathtaking views for you to capture. Do not forget your camera. I am a big fan of making memories last, even if it doesn’t come across as well on camera, you can definitely describe it better with a picture than with your memory. Your night here will be spent in the Bella Muzica, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 93% and has also won 2 Travellers’ Choice Awards for 2014 (romance & service).
Next comes the exciting part! You’ll get to visit Bran Castle (Dracula’s Castle). Naturally it has masses of history that you can learn about on the way around, but I just enjoy being there because it has a weird sense of foreboding. Once you’ve seen the Castle you will carry on to your final destination, the Balea Lake.
Here you will be staying in Ice Hotel Romania, which has been given a TripAdvisor rating of 4.5/5 and has also won 2 Travellers Choice Awards for 2014; romance and elegance. This, for me, is the highlight of the trip. What is not to love about the idea of staying in a hotel made completely out of ice?! You’ll spend the rest of your time here. If you wanted to, you could choose to add on a meal in the Ice Restaurant, which would cost you about £45 per person. It’s not cheap, but it is absolutely worth it. I also think you should give ice bowling a try. It’s really good fun!
This trip is available to you on travelbird.co.uk for only £339 per person. Included in this are your Hotels, Flights, Transfers, Breakfasts, Cable Car Passes, Bilingual Guide, Ice Hotel Experience Booklet and Entrance Tickets to Bran Castle. This is a bargain that you don’t want to miss out on!
- Transylvania: 3 Nights incl. Hotels, Flights, Transfers, Breakfast & More only £339
- Travel dates: select dates from 03/01/2015 – 28/03/2015 (depends on availability + prices vary)
- Travel duration: 3 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Luton
- Hotels + Ratings:
- Casa Luxemburg, 81% on TripAdvisor out of 117 reviews
- Bella Muzica, 93% on TripAdvisor out of 249 reviews + Travellers’ Choice Award Winner for “Romance” and “Service”
- Ice Hotel Romania, 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 109 reviews + Travellers’ Choice Award Winner for “Romance” and “Bargain”
- Destination: Transylvania
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer in Transylvania: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Price: only £339 per person based on 2 adults sharing