Turkey has some beautiful spots where you can have splendid holidays. One of theses places is definitely Side that lies in the famous Turkish Riviera and is about 42 miles from Antalya. Tourists from all over the world travel here to soak up the sun. Throughout the year the sun shines with pleasantly temperatures above 20°C and if you need some cooling jump into the clear water of the Mediterranean sea. But there’s more to Side than just beach: the city has a picturesque old town and many cultural sights that are worth a visit. There is for example the theatre which was used as a church after it has been used for gladiator fights, numerous aqueducts or the museum of Side in the agora thermal bath. The ruins of square agora include the remains of the Fortuna temple that dates back to the 2nd century. You get a good picture of the rich antiquity and the vibrant city that Side must have been in the past and still is nowadays.
Let’s get back to the future: if you want to spend such a nice holiday in Turkey you can book with thomascook.com a cheap holiday package to Side for only £120 per person based on 4 people travelling. The deal includes the flights from Manchester to Antalya and your stay in the great 4 star Kentia Apartments (80% on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence). Makes this trip perfect for a group of 4 friends who like relaxing holidays or for a family of 4 members. The rooms are equipped with a kitchenette and have either a terrace or a balcony. There is a mini-market just a few steps from your location, so pick up some groceries and snack whenever you want to. In case that you want to eat out there are some restaurants only 800 metres away. The hotel is only around 1.5 miles from the resort centre and a mile from Side’s beach.
I ticked off the transfer option, because you can take the bus from the airport to Antalya and then to Manavgat. A taxi takes you the rest of the way to the hotel. This option will cost you around £104 to get there and back for the whole party (ca. 2 hrs). The transfer on Thomas Cook costs £120 for the whole party. It’s up to you if you rather like to have a transfer upon arrival or if you like to do the way on your own.
- Turkey Holiday Package: 7 Nights incl. 4*Hotel and Flights for only £120
- Travel period: 05/06/2014 – 12/06/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 30°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 23°C
- Airport of departure: Manchester
- Airline: Thomas Cook
- Hotel: 4 star Kentia Apartments
- Rating: 80% on TripAdvisor out of 357 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: Side, approx. 1 mile from the beach and 1.5miles from city centre, mini market close by, restaurants within 800 metres
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Antalya not included. Bus to Dumlupinar Bulvari (Antalya) (£3), then bus to Manavgat (£6) and rest of the way by taxi (£4). Approx. 2 hrs and £104 for the whole party (both ways). Alternatively book the transfer option on Thomas Cook for £120 for the whole group.
- Price: only £120 per person based on 4 adults sharing
FYI: Sometimes the link to Thomas Cook doesn’t work on the first click, because the provider has troubles with direct links. Simply click twice on the link.
Click here for the Turkey Deal